If you are thinking about coming on holiday to Gower with a baby then you may be thinking about places to go or what to do with a little one. Having travelled around Gower with a newborn right up to toddler age (and beyond), we have found it to be a very baby-friendly place. Here are a few things to consider:
- Beaches – there are some glorious beaches to enjoy in Gower but some are more accessible than others. We found that Caswell Bay near Mumbles is great as it has a carpark and flat walk to the beach. It also has a ramp if you are thinking of taking the buggy with you. It makes it really easy to bring lots of extra bits you might need without a hug walk back to the car. Another lovely beach with a car park very close is Oxwich Bay.
- Beaches continued! – There is very little shelter / shade on most beaches in Gower so you will need a beach tent or umbrella with you. Have a look at BorrowBay’s UV tents which are so easy to put up and put down again.
- Walks – If you are walking with a baby carrier then there will be no stopping you enjoying the lovely coastal paths. However, if you are looking for a walk with a stroller, then you might want to head down to Mumbles where you can walk from the pier all the way round Swansea Bay. It is completely flat and has a separate section for pedestrians. It has lovely views too and plenty of cafes on the way.
- Blackpill Lido – this is one of my favourite all-rounders for families with babies and maybe older children too. The lido ha a shallow section for babies and slightly deeper section and fountains for older children. Plus, it has a café and restaurant, playground and sea views! Bring your beach tent and stay all day! https://www.swansea.gov.uk/article/2395/Blackpill-Lido
- If it’s a rainy day, you might be looking for something to do under cover. The LC Leisure Centre has three pools, two child are quieter and one which is very shallow with a toddler slide and fountains. Older children (or grown-ups!) will enjoy the big tube slides! There is also a climbing wall and soft play so something for everyone. https://www.thelcswansea.com